The Download Page
- - Home - -
- - Home - -
The programs and utilities provided here have been collected from many sources, BBS systems long gone and some current websites. The files that are included in this section are those that have been classified as 'hard to find' and in some cases are not available on any other support sites. We provide these to you without any warranties or implied guarantee and the use of these files are at your own risk, as they are provided here as a service to you. A few of these items are Shareware and a few are Freeware. PCXT-Micro.com does not sell, resell, or license any of the products listed on the site. We cannot be held liable for issues that arise from the download or use of these files, products or programs.
These files were checked for viruses before being uploaded to the server.
- Alleycode v.2.0 Alleycode HTML editor has unique options like a synchronized code/design view, CSS style sheet wizard and other basic features. 1.45 MB. Freeware or donation.
- Alleycode v.2.16.2 Alleycode HTML v.2.16.2 editor is an upgrade to v.2.0 with enhanced features. 1.5 MB. Freeware or donation.
- Anadisk-207 Anadisk Version 2.07 cross platform disk read/write utility for MS-DOS. Shareware 123 KB Screen shot-1
- Batchrun Batchrun will let you create batch files using a GUI. OS: Win 95/98/ME/NT/2000 (XP?). 700 KB Freeware.
- Connect GUI Connect GUI is a 'polished' text mode program. 2.3 MB Screen shot-2
- Desktop2 Desktop2- GUI desktop shell with program and file managers, text editor and more. DOS oriented program. 570 KB Screen shot-3
- Dos/4g Dos4g - was the most widely used 32-bit DOS extender, designed to allow DOS programs to eliminate the inherent DOS 640 KiB memory limit by addressing up to 32 MB of extended memory on Intel 80386 and above machines. 190 KB
- Dos Navigator Dos Navigator - a 'stand alone' shell for MS-DOS. Freeware App. 768 KB Screen shot-4
- Dosshell Dosshell is a 'stand alone' GUI shell for MS-DOS. It was dropped after MS-DOS 6.22 and Win 95. 182 KB Screen shot-5
- Envars Winset.exe lets you set environment variables globally (they persist once your batch file ends). Shortcut.exe lets you make and modify shortcuts from the command line. You'll find both of these together as "envars.exe" . 44 KB.
- F-Prot Antivirus The license for F-Prot Antivirus for DOS is free for home users, when used on personal workstations. Version 3.14e. 2.2 MB Screen shot-6
- FreeGEM The latest version of Owen's FreeGEM Distribution. Includes many updated features and bug fixes from the first version. 1.34 MB Screen shot-7
- Interlink Interlnk.zip contains the necessary files for connecting two computers for transferring files in pure DOS mode. 36 KB
- Ldzip Ldzip lets you create a zip file with long filenames in plain MS-Dos, Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP. It supports FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS drives. 64 KB Freeware
- Lynx2.8.5 Lynx 2.8.5rel.1 is a very stable, fast, versatile and secure text browser for the Internet. It is released under the GNU GPL, and is free. Lynx is the one standard text browser and an absolute must for web designers to check their websites for accessibility. Win32 version will work on Win95, Win98, WinNT or XP 3.05 MB Screen shot-8
- MemMAX MemMAX is a memory optimizer & stats utility. Use to free memory before running memory hungry apps such as the latest games, etc. OS: WIN 98/NT/ME/2000 (XP?). 487 KB Freeware.
- Miracle-driver Miracle-driver from Japan does the unthinkable, allows USB peripherals to be accessed from the DOS command line. 32 KB
Mosaic Browser Downloads:
- NTFS Reader v.1.02 NTFS Reader for DOS is a freeware tool that provides read access to NTFS partitions within the MS-DOS environment. You can preview files on NTFS and copy files from NTFS to FAT volumes or network drives. Can be run from DOS bootable floppy. 4.01 MB
- Olddos Olddos.exe contains such files as Memmaker and its associated files, Append, Expand, Print, Restore, etc. 837 KB.
- PassWord Meter This application is designed to assess the strength of password strings. The instantaneous visual feedback provides the user a means to improve the strength of their passwords, with a hard focus on breaking the typical bad habits of faulty password formulation. 140 KB. GNU General Public License
- Procomm Procomm for DOS v.2.4.1. Non-registered users are granted a limited license to use ProComm on a trial basis for the purpose of determining whether ProComm is suitable for their needs. 176 KB. Trialware
- QBasic_Tutorial This small tutorial introduces the simple concepts of programming to get you started. 61 KB. Author Unknown.
- RAR v.330 RAR™ v.330 archiver for DOS. Trial version. 445 KB.
- SEAL 2.0-src SEAL 2.0 is a free 32-bit GUI for your PC which runs on any DOS-compatible system. THIS is the Source version to build your own GUI. 1.7 MB Screen shot-9
- SEAL 2.0-bin SEAL 2.0 is a free 32-bit GUI for your PC which runs on any DOS-compatible system. THIS is the binary version and has an Install Program. 1.4 MB Screen shot-10
- SmartFTP The license for SmartFTP is free, but you may also purchase a licensed version. v1.0.981. 6.48 MB. Screen shot-11
- Tandy DeskMate v.3.69 GUI To satisfy an old friend. 1.3 MB Screen shot-12
- WinA20.zip WinA20.386. If you experience "This program must be run under win32", this file might help in the installation of the Tandy Deskmate (Put in DOS root directory before installation of Deskmate). 9.5 KB.
- Telix v.3.22 Telix v.3.22. A DOS oriented communication interface. 400 KB.
- Vis-i-on Vis-i-on -- The first GUI (G_raphic U_ser I_nterface), developed for DOS. 2.67 MB. Screen shot-13
- Windows101 This is the very first version of Microsoft Windows, a very rare and hard to find item. 730 KB. Many thanks to an acquaintance, for finding this version and also the Windows v.2.03. Screen shot-14
- Windows203 A later version of Windows, v.2.03, another very rare and hard to find item. 1.34 MB. Screen shot-15
- XSET XSET is the most powerful environment variable manipulation program you have ever seen. OS: WIN 98/NT/ME/2000 (XP?). 112 KB Shareware.