Utilities to help protect your computer system
The programs and utilities provided here are linked directly to their respective websites.
www.PCXT-Micro.com provides these links to you without any warranties or implied guarantees and the use of these files are at your own risk, as the links are provided here as a service to you.
www.PCXT-Micro.com does not sell, resell, or license any of the products or utilities listed on this page.
www.PCXT-Micro.com cannot be held liable for issues that arise from the download or use of these products.
Microsoft Corporation Windows Update
First and foremost, ensure that your windows is fully updated. Microsoft is always correcting DSO exploits, and other security issues as they arrive. If you have not updated your windows recently, don't wait. It is recommended that you set your windows for automatic updates.
AVG Free Edition (Anti-Virus Program)
The well-known anti-virus protection tool. AVG Free is available free-of-charge to home users for the life of the product!
Rapid virus database updates are available for the lifetime of the product, thereby providing the high-level of detection capability that millions of users around the world trust to protect their computers. AVG Free is easy-to-use and will not slow your system down (low system resource requirements). Highlights include:
- Automatic update functionality
- The AVG Resident Shield, which provides real-time protection as files are opened and programs are run.
- The AVG E-mail Scanner, which protects your e-mail
- The AVG On-Demand Scanner, which allows the user to perform scheduled and manual tests
- Free Virus Database Updates for the lifetime of the product
- AVG Virus Vault for safe handling of infected files
SpywareBlaster Version 3.x
Spyware, adware, browser hijackers, and diallers are some of the fastest-growing threats on the Internet today. By simply browsing to a web page, you could find your computer to be the brand-new host of one of these unwanted fiends!
The most important step you can take is to secure your system. And SpywareBlaster is the most powerful protection program available.
- Prevent ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, and potentially unwanted pests.
- Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Firefox.
- Restrict the actions of potentially dangerous sites in Internet Explorer.
SpyBot - Search & Destroy
Can detect and remove spyware of different kinds from your computer. Spyware is a relatively new kind of threat that common anti-virus applications do not yet cover. If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you didn't intentionally install, if your browser crashes, or if your browser "Start Page" has changed without your knowing, you most probably have spyware. But even if you don't see anything, you may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging that is silently tracking your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile of you that will be sold to advertisement companies.
SpyBot-S&D is free.